This 360-degree feedback system offers an intuitive set-up, with features that help your people build on their strengths and address their skill gaps.
The impact: Reduced setup effort. Improved performance and productivity. Greater work satisfaction.
Some Of Our Special Features:
Features Listed By Topic Below:
A mature, reliable tool
Panoramic Feedback was the first 360-degree feedback tool on the Internet. Since 1998, it has been relentlessly fine-tuned to the changing needs of users. The result: rock-solid performance, and reports that stimulate individual development and guide organizational strategy.
The system has earned trust internationally because Responders appreciate reading a questionnaire and entering comments in their own language. Individuals being assessed find it highly motivating to receive their feedback in their own language.
Questionnaires and reports are available in the characters of over 50 languages, including the European and Cyrillic groups, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.
Support for large organizations
The project tracking and aggregate reports provided in Panoramic Feedback allow you to manage thousands of subjects and responders with clarity and ease.
Extensive knowledge base
Use our library of 1000s of behavior descriptions, in several languages, as the starting point for your questionnaire. Plan your project from start to finish with the leading information source, The Complete 360-Degree Feedback Resource Kit.
Visit our online Knowledge Center for papers about best practices and strategic data available with 360-degree feedback.
When subjects receive their reports, provide a copy of the Self-Development Series , a comprehensive set of 2000 practical suggestions for growth in 42 competency areas.
Flexible Payment Options
The majority of our users choose the pay-as-you-play option. They register to use Panoramic Feedback, then purchase assessment credits as needed, with discounts for quantity.
Larger organizations may purchase licenses which provide access to assessments in perpetuity. Contact us for details of both plans.
The Standard Edition provides full 360-degree feedback functionality. The Enterprise Edition is designed for users who need additional capabilities including HRIS integration, aggregate reporting, and self-development guides for subjects. (Unless noted, all other features available in both editions.)
We offer two levels of branding - semi-private and private. With semi-private branding, your logo is placed on questionnaires, along with the Panoramic Feedback logo. With private branding, only your logo appears. (Extra fee.)
And you can direct responders to your organization's own private URL.
Intuitive Project Creation
Designed With You In Mind
Unlike confusing menu-driven tools, the Panoramic Feedback guides you smoothly from decision to decision, getting you started quickly, eliminating confusion, ensuring that you cover all the bases.
Preview your questionnaire as you build it, to be sure exactly how it will appear on-line.
Convenient Management Of Participant Data
- Upload information from an HRIS, organizational database, spreadsheet, or contact list into Panoramic Feedback
- Edit, add, or delete data
- Add demographic information for later analysis
- Use Auto Email to invite subjects to enter their own responders
- Export your completed DataBank for further use in other projects.
Three types of emails can be automatically generated for responders:
- Pre-Announcements inform them ahead of time that they will soon be asked to respond to a 360 questionnaire
- Catalysts inform them that the survey is now open, providing a URL and private user ID
- Reminders tell those who have not yet responded (and only them) that they must respond soon
When an individual is asked to respond to questionnaires for several subjects, that person automatically receives only a single email which lists log-ins for each of the subjects.
Special auto emails to subjects can speed your work by encouraging them to choose their own responders.
You will receive automatic notifications that emails were sent successfully, to set your mind at ease.
Design self-only or supervisor-only surveys
You can choose to move gradually toward a full 360 process, beginning with a self-report or supervisor-only responses. The report adjusts automatically to eliminate pages appropriate only for full 360s.
Offer your clients or end-users a chance to preview your automatic emails, to build their confidence that all is well. They'll receive them immediately, and they'll be convinced.
Responders without email
For responders without access to email notifications, the system produces lists of all responder IDs, plus sticky labels with all details, that you can attach to notification letters for Responders.
Headings and behavior descriptions
Questionnaires consist of one or more headings (typically core competencies or organizational values) followed by behavior descriptions. Responders rate subjects on the behavior descriptions only. Averages are shown in reports to cover the headings too.
Create your questionnaire with exactly the questions you want. No pre-designed questionnaires are imposed on you. But you can use our large library of sample questionnaires as a starting point, if desired, then modify them to taste.
Write your own introductory text for the questionnaire, or adapt ours.
You have control over the use of comments in your questionnaires:
- Choose whether comment boxes will appear with each heading in questionnaires
- Choose to add comment boxes after behavior descriptions
(Enterprise Edition only)
- Customize or eliminate concluding comments area
- Prevent responders in certain categories from making comments
- Turn off display of some or all comments when generating the subject's report
You can place instructional text blocks anywhere in your questionnaire, control their colors and fonts, add horizontal lines and vertical spaces, and more. (Enterprise Edition only)
You can toggle automatic questionnaire numbering on and off.
Scales and anchors
- Choose a scale with any number of points from 2 to 10
- Minus-to-plus scales also available (e.g. -5 to +5)
- Customize all anchors
- Apply informative Dual Scales to questions. (For instance, "Satisfaction with Skill" and "Importance of Skill".) (Enterprise Edition only)
- Use "Agreement" and "Frequency" scales together
- Allow or disallow "Not Enough Info" response
Import layout and questionnaire
Once you've developed your layout and questionnaire, use them as templates to reduce setup next time.
Responders without access to the Internet can reply on a paper version of the questionnaire. The administrator entering their responses on-line uses a Transcriber's Page, specially designed to allow fast entry with minimum cursor movement.
Mid-360 Process Features
Pending auto emails
The system lists all automatic emails you have scheduled, so you stay on top of the information you will be sending to subjects and responders.
Track the progress of an entire Project. The status report provides rich information:
- For each subject, how many people have responded in total, and in each category of responder
- When responses were received
- Who has not yet responded
- How many people were nominated as responders in total, and in each category of responder
- Percentage who responded
- For each responder, which subjects nominated them
- Track whether responders have been nominated for too many subjects
- Check whether supervisors nominated were actually supervisors of the persons who nominated them
- For convenience in large projects, divide the report up according to demographics such as department or location.
(Enterprise Edition only)
Assurance that responses are complete
If responders fail to answer all questions in a questionnaire, our Reminder Page provides them with failure-free help in responding. A hyperlink connects them with each question they missed, allowing them to respond immediately.
You may offer an Opt-out option to potential responders, useful when you haven't been able to monitor whether appropriate people were chosen as responders. It ensures that the responder will not receive any more Auto Emails about the survey. The Opt-out page offers a space for non-responders to enter comments about why they decided to opt out. Providing comments is purely voluntary - but they often provide valuable information.
Whenever someone opts out, an automated email is sent to you as the administrator, letting you know who dropped out and relaying any explanatory comments.
Automatic encryption adjustment
While 128-bit encryption remains our standard, the system automatically adjusts to match the level of encryption available to the user. This makes it easier for those with low levels of encryption to use the system.
Reports for Subjects
All default text in reports can be customized: title page, headers, footers. And you can select among display choices (for instance: introduction, comparative markers, highest and lowest ratings.)
Support for Subjects
- Clear, helpful individual report
- Free Workbook guides Subject through report to action planning
- Self-Development Series provides tips and exercises to help subject increase skills, lists courses, books, videos, audiotapes. (Enterprise Edition only)
Comparative reporting to increase impact
This optional display helps the individual compare self to group norms, measure progress, set "stretch" goals. Compare with:
- The rest of the group, or
- The 90th or other percentile, or
- The individual's previous 360
Add text blocks to report
Now you can add text blocks with formatting to your report, allowing you to clarify the data, or provide additional information and analysis to help the reader get full value from the results.
Range of responses
When generating reports, you can choose to display the highest and lowest scores that were entered for each behavior description. (For confidentiality, available only for those categories of responder in which there are 4 or more responses.)
Highest and lowest ratings
Our report offers a valuable summary of the highest and lowest-rated questions in the 360, so the subject can see at a glance the strengths to maintain and the areas needing more work.
They can be displayed according to the average of all responders, or broken down by responder categories.
Write your own introduction to the report, or adapt the example we provide.
Responder category display
You can choose:
- The names and number of categories to which you assign responders
- The colors which represent categories in report bar graphs
- Whether to allow merging of responder groups which have few responses (to maintain confidentiality)
Toggle Headlines and Details pages
You may choose whether your reports provide summary date of the "Headlines" and "Details" pages, or move straight to reporting on questions.
Display self with averages
To allow more immediate comparison of self-ratings with those of others, you may choose to display the Self responses on the Headlines page.
This option shows you which questions had a strong diversity or similarity of response. Helps you decide how to target remedial training.
Generate reports in batches
To save time printing larger Projects, you can generate reports for all subjects in any given project. Just select the project name. Reports are provided to a single file which you can print as a batch, then separate-out for individual delivery to subjects.
Zipped report generation
You can generate groups of reports in compressed Zip files for more compact storage and convenient emailing.
Shades of gray
If you are printing your reports in black and white, you can display graphs and pie charts in a specially-designed gray-scale that assists visual comprehension.
This option adds an additional half-inch to the left side margin of the page, to make reading easier when you place the report in a binder or cover.
Print reports on A4 paper
Metric users can choose layout for printing on A4 instead of 8.5 x 11 inch paper.
Print page numbers in report
When you print reports, choose whether to print page numbers at the bottom of each page. (It is sometimes useful to omit page numbers when you wish to insert additional sheets which would interrupt the pagination.)
Summary of report generation with warnings
When you generate your reports, you get an up-to-the-second summary of the process so you remain in control. It tells you when responder categories were combined to maintain confidentiality. It also counts reports for you, and tells you how many pages in each.
Reporting on Projects
This is a powerful and flexible reporting tool that allows the organization to aggregate strategic data from one or more 360 projects. It displays a remarkable choice of data in tables and graphs. Some options:
- Results for all headings (core competencies) with break-out by responder categories
- Results for all behavior descriptions, sorted in order of mean, median, or standard deviation
- Results listed by subject, indicating their strengths and areas for development
- Results listed by heading, indicating which subjects were strongest in each heading
- Response rate summaries with raw numbers and percentages for each subject
You may optionally break up the report by up to two demographic groups (e.g. department and location), or show data only for subjects who actually received responses or who received a minimum number of responses.
You can export all response data, to produce the unique reports you need. Compare results across a project, create your own charts and graphs, and summarize comments.
Exports are in comma-separated-values format, ready to use in SPSS or other statistical analysis programs, or to import directly into a spreadsheet or database.
In keeping with our commitment to confidentiality, the export conceals the identity of responders, identifying them only by category.